Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Forza Motorsport 3

So I have sort of started a video game car theme lately, and this is a combination of both. I pre-ordered this game a few weeks back and have been eagerly waiting for its arrival. I absolutely loved Forza Motorsport 2 and hoped for similair gameplay in this one. I finally picked it up at midnight on monday night/tuesday morning. I played it until 3:30 in the morning and didn't want to stop. The only thing that held me back from staying up all night is the fact that I had a math exam on tuesday. The gameplay in this is amazing. They improved on a lot of stuff this time around. The graphics are just amazing. It is one of the most realistic looking games i've seen. The way that the cars handle in this game is better than the 2nd game. The handle incredibly realistic. I have not driven an Audi R8 in real life, but I would imagine that it would handle like it did in this game. One thing that lacked in Forza 2 were the backgrounds of the tracks. That is one thing they greatly improved on in this game. The background just blew me away. On the track "Maple Valley", It is set in a fall time period in a forest and the trees look really good. Their leaves are red/orange/yellow. It makes you think that it is fall when you race there. If you look too much though, you wreck. Another feature that is very useful in this game is the "rewind" feature. If you hit another car and dent your bumper, you can rewind back to a certain point and try again. I think this feature is genius. In the old game you would always strive to not hit anything to get the bonus at the end of the race. In this one you can try a few different ways if you mess up. Another thing in this game is that they have a little more variety in race styles. There are drift and drag races on top of the standard circuit races.Overall this game is a huge improvement on the last one, I can't wait to get farther into this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment